Friday, February 27, 2015

10 Moments

What 10 time periods would you visit if you had a Hot Tub Time Machine?

I saw this idea on a blog I follow and thought it would be a good idea for Ten for Tuesday.  Then I started thinking about it...and reading what other people had posted and comments on those posts. There were worries about going back in time to no indoor plumbing, no electricity and low (and no) tech stuff (creature comforts).  I'm thinking, "How long where you planning on staying in 1542?!"  And the more I thought about it the more I came up with my idea of Hot Tub Time Machine visits.

I'd like to stay in one place and see that particular spot at 10 different times in history.  This really sounds interesting to me now that we're living in an area that has so much history.  Annapolis has such a rich, full history, I wouldn't even have to leave town! I'd love to stand in historic Annapolis, in front of the State House on December 23, 1783 to watch General Washington walk up to steps on the way to resign his commission as commander-in-chief of the Continental Army.  I've seen the actual letter in the State House and wondered what that day was like...I've read about it, but to actually see it would be cool.  I'm sure standing on that spot at different times in history, I would see a lot of things.  Annapolis has been around for 300 years, I'm sure I could find ten moments to visit. 

So I'll come up with another idea for Ten for Tuesday.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment