Sunday, April 6, 2014

What's on the Needles?

Here's an update on what's on the needles lately...

Well, first off...I apologize for all the upside down photos.  I haven't quite mastered the skill of holding my phone the correct way when taking photos.  Stand on your head if you need to.  And non-knitters...well, maybe you'll enjoy the photos.

I'm making a BEAUTIFUL aran, cable-y, hang open in the front cardi called Cinnamon Girl Cardigan by Amy Christoffers.  The yarn looks very pink in the photo but it's really very Fall leaf colored like in the second photo.  The yarn is Dream in Color Classy in the Chinatown Apple colorway.  Hands down one of my very favorite yarns for sweaters...aran weight but behaves so well, little to no pilling.

Here's a pic of the FO (from the pattern page on Ravelry).
The only thing I'm changing are the sleeves.  She's got them in reverse stockinette and I'm doing stockinette.  


This set is knit with yarn Mike got me in Canada.  He face-timed me while in the shop!  I had thought about an infinity scarf but the yarn turned out much brighter than I thought...so a hat and mitts instead.  The mitts are Cozy Thermal Mitts by Karen Everitt.  A freebie! The thumb is a little large but the yarn is super soft and super squishy so I don't mind.  The hat is Ribby Toque by Carol J. Sulcoski.  The yarn is 100% superwash merino by The Yarns of Rhichard Devrieze. 

And, of course I have socks on the needles!  Here's another pair of  the February Lady Socks by Kate Atherley.  I've made them many, many times...the fit is great and it works with highly variegated and solid yarn. It's the same gull wing lace used in the February Lady Sweater...my favorite lace pattern.  The yarn is so yummy...Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in the Rockwater colorway.

This upside down beauty is Almondine by Anne Hanson.  Yarn is Baah! La Jolla in Pink Tourmaline (much, much brighter than in the photo). OMG...get yourself some of this yarn.  NOW!  Halfway done on that pair!

I almost always have a lace shawl on the needles.  This is Natessa by Corrina Ferguson. Yarn is Manos de Uruguay Lace...a blend of merino, silk and cashmere. Just beginning but check out the beauty it will become...


New yarn purchase!  HaldeCraft's Andre in the Pretty in Pink colorway. Here's the content (directly from the yarn band): 80% superwash merino, 20% nylon, 100% Sturdy!  It has a beautiful tonal quality...I love the color!  Will probably be socks someday.

This is The Amanda Hat. Knit in Malabrigo Twist in the Sotobosque colorway.  The hat is super comfy, fits like a bucket hat only on the snug side.


Ok, so that's about it.  Still working on the crochet sock blanket, too.  I may cast on the James sweater just to give my hands/arms a break from the heaviness of the Cinnamon Girl as she starts to grow.  

Our knit group is doing a KAL next month with this sweater:
I know...gorgeous, right?  Ok, it's knit with fingering weight but on bigger-ish needles (size 4). I'm going to use Knitpicks new stuff called Hawthorne.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Now, back to my knitting...


No comments:

Post a Comment